Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Former Libertines' front man Pete Doherty has stopped injecting drugs
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2012 at 08:02 AM
- Lindsay Lohan has never been better, according to her mother Dina
- Amanda Bynes allegedly lunged at a fan after he tried to take her photograph on Friday
- ‘Glee’ actor Matthew Morrison wants a musical collaboration with Adam Levine
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly ‘making life hell’ for staff and other patients at the Betty Ford clinic
- Gerard Butler has split from girlfriend Madalina Ghenea
He said of his addictions: "I've stopped injecting.
"The only way I see myself in a serious relationship is if I am toning it down a bit. When you're banging up all day you can't really have someone in your life, especially if she's an English rose. I wouldn't let her touch anything. I just wouldn't."
Pete - who famously dated supermodel Kate Moss from January 2005 and July 2007 - also says he's more calmer in his life since quitting London and moving to the French capital of Paris three years ago.
Speaking to The Independent newspaper, he said: "The media circus got a bit twisted when I was in London. It became a bit of a joke, really. In Paris, they're so serious I can take myself really seriously, too. I can get really morbid without people telling me to cheer up."