Former James Bond Pierce Brosnan takes a trip to Ireland with his mom
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
|Pierce Brosnan and his mother
Mary Carmichael in Dublin
Pierce Brosnan visited Ireland last week with his mom, Mary Carmichael. Mother and son took a trip down memory lane last Wednesday in Navan, Co. Meath, where both herself and Pierce were born. (They later moved to London after Pierce’s father abandoned them when he was only two.)
Brosnan was in Dublin to collect an award from Trinity College, where he was granted honorary patronage of the Dublin University Players Society. The Irish Times reported that he told students he was “bedazzled” by movies after going to the cinema in Navan, and that his lack of higher education still bothers him.
Still, he advised his audience, “You can’t let that knock you down. It’s just there and you have to find your own path through it.”
Pierce and his mother met with President Michael D. Higgins during the Irish premiere of the Tony Award winning musical Once last week. Pierce also found time for work, shooting scenes for what looked like a commercial in the center of Dublin.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...