Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
‘Face’ mentor Naomi Campbell says her glossy hair is down to Guinness, eggs, and washing detergent
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 08:21 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
Yep! We’re serious. Speaking to OK! Magazine the catwalk queen said, “Raw egg, Guinness and Fairy liquid - it makes your hair fluffy and shiny and thick."
I mean of course we’ve always known that Guinness is good for you but we always presumed the advertisement referred to internal consumption.
Campbell, now 42, was first picked up by a modeling agency at the age of just 15 so she’s been in the beauty and fashion industry for almost 30 years.
Despite being possibly the most widely known international supermodel she admits that she hasn’t always thought that she was beautiful enough to be in the trade.
She told the British magazine, “I think I thought that I didn't look too bad when I was a huge Culture Club fan at 13. I used to get the hats and stick on the braid so I'd look like Boy George. That's when I thought I was OK."
She was also asked if she thought being tall had helped her to get to where she is today. She said, "It moves so quickly! There's no time to be inspired any more. Coming from the 90s, back then, we just had to learn as we went along. I remember I would ask Iman or other models who were around me to show me how to do things.
"But things have changed since then, I'm 5ft 9 1/2 inches, and when I started modeling that was considered tall. The generations that have come after are much taller."
She also said Kate Moss proved being a supermodel is about more than just beauty. She mused, “I guess she [Kate] showed us all that you didn't have to be so tall. But I think being a supermodel really does come from your personality. You've got to have that something special that catches attention."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...