Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Exit for Conan O'Brien as NBC offers $44m 'put up and shut up' deal
Posted on Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 09:28 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
Conan O'Brien is set to get a staggering $32m golden parachute from NBC as "The Tonight Show" debacle finally rumbles to a close. HIs staff will get $12m in a deal which will cost NBC an overall $44m.
Mind you, in a week which has seen the catastrophe in Haiti overtake every other news story there's something unseemly about over-paid grown-ups squabbling over the kind of money that would keep a small country going.
Just saying like.
Anyway, the deal forces the Irish-American comic to put up and shut up or what's politely called a "nondisparagement clause."
Neither NBC or O'Brien can say a bad word about each other. And O'Brien has to wait a set amount of time before he can get back on the air, although presumably not on NBC!
However, given the fact that the staff of the show, along with O'Brien, moved across the country I'd expect plenty of coded references on the final show tomorrow night.
Jay Leno will take back his old show at 11:35 after the Winter Olympics.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...