Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Erykah Badu fined for stripping at the site of JFK's assasination
Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2010 at 03:56 PM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
Erykah Badu has been fined $500 for her recreation of the JFK assassination in Dallas Texas. Her controversial music video shows her stripping naked and then falling to the ground as if she were shot at the site of John F. Kennedy’s 1963 assassination.
Speaking about the music video Badu told The Dallas Morning News that the video was "a protest" and about "liberating yourself."
Whatever about her artistic display, getting your gear off in a public place is illegal after all! Police pointed out that Badu had broken the law and was charged with disorderly conduct.
Staying on the right side of the law the singer paid her fine on Friday. A city spokesperson said that she will be on probation for six months. So my advice is keep your clothes on woman!
"Window Seat" single is featured on the soundtrack of the movie Sex and the City 2.