Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Emma Stone thought her 'Amazing Spider-Man' audition was terrible - VIDEO
Posted on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 09:22 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
|Emma Stone in 'Spider-Man.' Columbia Pictures promotional photo.|
Emma Stone thought she'd ruined her chances when she auditioned for 'The Amazing Spider-Man'.
The actress won the role of Gwen Stacy in the superhero film but she admits she thought she had no chance of getting the part because her audition went so badly.
She said: "I was incredibly lucky as I was the only candidate on the first day of auditions. I was nervous and was convinced I'd made a mess of everything. But, to my huge surprise, the director thought I was great."
Emma stars alongside real life boyfriend Andrew Garfield - who takes on the titular character in the movie - and she admits having to kiss him in front of the crew was very hard.
She said: "To make a relationship seem intimate when a crowd of people are watching you is practically impossible. But don't forget, we're actors."
Andrew also admits the romantic scenes were hard, saying: "When you're on the set you can't allow personal feelings to show. So I was acting when I kissed her - though it was a difficult thing to do under the circumstances."