Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ellen DeGeneres's Beverly Hills mansion sells for $49 to Ryan Seacrest
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
Ellen - who spent one season on the judging panel of 'American Idol' - and Portia have sold the property at a loss after spending $48 million assembling the huge estate.
They bought the $30 million 9,500-square-foot single-story house and spent millions more on the surrounding properties, before beginning extensive renovation work.
The home sits on 2.87 acres just off Coldwater Canyon - near the Santa Monica Mountains - behind gates on its own street and also includes two guesthouses totaling 15,000 square feet, a three bedroom house, and according to official listings "every conceivable amenity and state-of the-art security".
Portia previously revealed the pair fell in love with the property - which previously belonged at different times to Laurence Harvey, Joan Collins and 'Will & Grace' co-creator Max Mutchnick - when they went to watch a screening of Ryan's show 'American Idol'.
She told Architectural Digest: "We'd heard how beautiful it was and then we came over to watch 'American Idol'. We pulled into the driveway and we just knew before we even walked through the gate."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...