Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ed Sheeran is "an idiot" when he is drunk
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 at 09:55 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
He said: "The reason that I don't drink is, I turn into an idiot. I've inherited my dad's genes, I just tend to tell not funny jokes when I'm drunk."
When asked if he had been drunk before, he added: "Yeah, I'm an English boy; I've had my cider on the park episodes. I stopped drinking because... I don't know, you find yourself drinking a lot in this industry, and if you stop drinking you find yourself not drinking a lot, which is a positive thing."
Ed, 21, also said he notices when people are drunk when they approach him after shows, and has a different perspective on the world now he has cut down on his drink intake.
He added to BANG Showbiz: "It's a totally different experience. I still drink, I've not cut it out 100 per cent, but it's weird. You get a different reaction when you're sober to when you're drunk."