Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ed Sheeran got a tattoo of a cup of tea inked onto his arm during a live radio appearance
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 09:13 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
The 'Drunk' singer added a picture of a steaming mug with a tea bag label hanging over the side on his upper left arm while he appeared on Bauer Radio show 'In:Demand' in the UK on Wednesday night (07.11.12).
Ed chose the design himself, after being asked what he wanted to get he replied: "Maybe a pie, or a cup of tea?"
The tattoo artist made three versions of the design, and Ed picked the largest version, held it up against his arm and enthused "yep that's cool!"
After the design was complete, Ed said: "Apparently I'll do anything for Alex on 'In:Demand', he needs all the love he can get."
Ed has several tattoos including a ginger bread man, the label from a can of Heinz tomato soup, and the title of Taylor Swift's new album, 'Red' - on which he co-wrote and performs.
He also has a tattooed interpretation of Van Gogh painting 'Starry Night' - depicting a village and swirling stars above in yellows and blues - on the same arm.
Tattooist Kevin Paul, who did the work, said: "He didn't flinch and always asks for something really creative."
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...