Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ed Sheeran got a tattoo of a cup of tea inked onto his arm during a live radio appearance
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 09:13 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
The 'Drunk' singer added a picture of a steaming mug with a tea bag label hanging over the side on his upper left arm while he appeared on Bauer Radio show 'In:Demand' in the UK on Wednesday night (07.11.12).
Ed chose the design himself, after being asked what he wanted to get he replied: "Maybe a pie, or a cup of tea?"
The tattoo artist made three versions of the design, and Ed picked the largest version, held it up against his arm and enthused "yep that's cool!"
After the design was complete, Ed said: "Apparently I'll do anything for Alex on 'In:Demand', he needs all the love he can get."
Ed has several tattoos including a ginger bread man, the label from a can of Heinz tomato soup, and the title of Taylor Swift's new album, 'Red' - on which he co-wrote and performs.
He also has a tattooed interpretation of Van Gogh painting 'Starry Night' - depicting a village and swirling stars above in yellows and blues - on the same arm.
Tattooist Kevin Paul, who did the work, said: "He didn't flinch and always asks for something really creative."