Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ed O’Neill was indeed misquoted about Jane Lynch of ‘Glee’ and her Emmy award
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2010 at 03:21 PM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
'Modern Family' star Ed O’Neill has been vindicated after alleging that he was badly misquoted last week over comments he allegedly made abut ‘Glee’ star Jane Lynch.
TV Guide Canada reported O'Neill as saying, "I love Jane, honestly I do. I'm dying to star in one of Christopher Guest's movies alongside her, but I don't think she should have gotten the Emmy for that part. [Sue Sylvester] is just a one-note character." O'Neill allegedly went on to say that his on-screen wife, Sofia Vergara, would have been a more suitable candidate for the award.
O'Neill strongly disputed the quotes asaying, "Last week I spoke to a group of journalists and one quoted me supposedly saying of Jane Lynch, 'I don't think she should have gotten the Emmy for that part.' I never said those words and transcripts of the press conference attest to that fact."
He went on “ Nor do I believe that Jane - whom I think is an enormous talent - was undeserving of the award. I reached out to her yesterday to ensure she knew I'd been misquoted but I wanted to clear this up publicly as well."
Now, TV Guide Canada has issued an apology. "Earlier this week, TV Guide Canada published a story misquoting Ed O'Neill's recent comments about Jane Lynch's Emmy win. Our writer did not mean to misrepresent Mr. O'Neill or anyone else involved in the story. He and TV Guide Canada sincerely apologize for this error."
"Mr. O'Neill's real quote is as follows: 'I'm one of Jane Lynch's biggest fans. I love Jane Lynch. She is a genius. But at the same time I said 'Sofia could win' because ... and I've only seen Glee a couple of ... I've only seen Glee once. But I thought Jane's role is rather one-dimensional. It's kind of strident. It's always kind of the same. I've seen her be much better. So I thought 'Sofia's funnier,' and I think she is in these two comparative roles. Anyway, Jane won. But I was hoping that Sofia would.'"
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...