Duchess Kate Middleton returned clothes sent to her by Kim Kardashian
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
The British royal is known for championing high street as well as designer fashion, but didn't accept a package sent by the reality TV star and her sisters Khloe and Kourtney from their new Dorothy Perkins range.
A source told The Examiner magazine: "Kate is hardly going to turn up for an event with the queen in a cheap leopard-print miniskirt or gold sequined jacket."
Kim was also said to be keen to meet with Catherine - known as Kate Middleton before marrying Prince William - while she was recently in London, inviting her for tea.
A source said: "The Kardashians want to be as big in the UK as they are in America, and think associating themselves with the Royals, especially Kate, will help them achieve that.
"She hoped Kate might be seen wearing one of the designs out in public, which would give their fashion credentials a huge boost."
Read More: The Kate Middleton effect pushes Irish designer Orla Kiely’s sales over $15 million
Kim, 32, has been vocal about how much she loves Catherine's fashion choices in the past.
She said: "Kate seems like a really sweet person and she's a princess. We love her sense of fashion. She could wear our looks and team it with one of her hats."
A representative for the Duchess made clear most gifts she is sent are returned.
Read More: The Royal baby and hidden agendas, blanket coverage an exercise in cynicism
They told website MailOnline: "In general terms, the policy of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge is not to accept any unsolicited gifts unless the sender is known personally to His or Her Royal Highness.
"Any such gifts are returned to the sender with thanks and an explanation of Their Royal Highnesses' policy."
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...