Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Duchess Catherine is "loving" every minute of married life
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 at 10:17 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
The brunette beauty - who wed Prince William in April - told guests at a recent gala dinner how she was incredibly happy since tying the knot in April even though she sometimes finds her new royal role "surreal".
One guest at the exclusive bash at London's Kensington Palace told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Kate said she was 'loving it' when asked what married life was like. She added that it was surreal sometimes but that's to be expected.
"She said she was totally and blissfully happy and her eyes lit up whenever William's name was mentioned. The pair are clearly so in love."
Catherine was making her first official public appearance with William at the 10th annual Absolute Return for Kids (ARK) Gala Dinner on Thursday (09.06.11) and while the bash was completely over-the-top, onlookers say the couple didn't seem to mind.
The onlooker added: "It was the most extravagant, ostentatious, over-the-top bash you can ever imagine with bankers splashing their cash like there's no tomorrow. It was not the sort of occasion you would normally associate with royalty. But Kate and Wills took it in their stride like true professionals."
Earlier in the evening, William addressed the crowd to announce his wife had joined the Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry as a patron.
He said: "My brother, Catherine and I hope to use our philanthropy as a long-term catalyst for meaningful change."