Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Drew Barrymore lived on ice cream and cheeseburgers during her pregnancy
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2012 at 08:38 AM
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
|Barrymore with husband Kopelman|
Drew's palate completely changed and rather than want to eat vegetables she was craving burgers and mint choc chip ice cream and her hunger for calorific treats led to her gaining 40 lbs
In an interview with the new issue of People magazine (www.people.com), she said: "I loved cheeseburgers. I wanted nothing to do with vegetables and I love vegetables! And ice cream disgusts me, but all I wanted was Thrifty Mint 'n Chip ice cream.
"I gained about 40 lbs. I think I gained an extra five the last week because I was so late and was like, 'Forget it! All bets are off! I'll have two cheeseburgers.' "
Drew - who is married to art consultant Will Kopelman - also revealed after her initial morning sickness passed, her appetite was ravenous throughout her pregnancy.
The 'Big Miracle' star is glad she indulged her cravings because it's one of the only times of your life you can eat whatever you want.
She added: "I was nauseated all the time at first but hardly ever threw up. I lived on Saltines (a brand of crackers) and club soda. Lived. But it got a lot better and then I would sit with my little legs crossed and just eat. I wasn't like, 'OK you need to eat your carrots...'. I just had a total enjoyment of food."
The full interview with Drew and exclusive photos of the actress with her family are available in this week's issue of People magazine.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...