Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Drew Barrymore is committed to being the best mother she can possibly be
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 08:24 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
Speaking in the January 2013 issue of Allure magazine, Drew - who is married to art consultant Will Kopelman - explained: "I will always commit. It's like this make-up line [with American retailer Wal-Mart]: I can tell you every single detail about how and why we got here. I want to be that kind of mother. I'm that kind of friend. I'm that kind of producer. I do everything in this life-or-death way.
"The only thing I've tried to get better at is starting to believe maybe it's not life or death. But the [level of] commitment hasn't changed or wavered."
Drew, 37, tied the knot with Will in June and she is so proud to be his wife she even has engraved stationary with her married name on.
She gushed: "I'm a Kopelman now. I have stationery that says 'Drew Barrymore Kopelman'. We have opposite experiences, but we're not opposites.
"We're both very particular and detail-oriented. We love art and music and adventures, and we laugh our asses off together."
Although the screen beauty is losing her baby weight rapidly since giving birth in September, she would rather be a fuller, healthier figure than give up the foods she loves.
She added: "I cannot live a life where I'm deprived. I'd much rather be five, 10 pounds heavier."