Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Drew Barrymore couldn't eat for two weeks after bringing baby Olive home
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 08:27 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
|Barrymore with William Kopelman Stephen|
In an exclusive interview with the new issue of People magazine, she said: "I couldn't eat or sleep for two weeks, I was just so nervous ... You have the highest highs and yet you're facing the biggest fear of, 'How do I keep someone alive?' "
The 'Big Miracle' star also revealed she is glad she waited until she had met art consultant Will - who she married in June - to have a baby because he has such strong family values.
Drew - who entered rehab at the age of 13 after struggling to cope with the fame and attention her role in 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial' provided her - added: "I really wanted a wonderful traditional home for my kid. Will comes from a strong family, he provides a strong family ... It just makes me so emotional because it's like a miracle ... It's like the biggest crush I've ever had in my life!"
The Hollywood actress was wed twice before, to bar owner Jeremy Thomas for just two months and comedian Tom Green.
Exclusive photos of Drew, Will and Olive and the full interview with the star are available in this week's issue of People magazine.