Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Downton Abbey’s Allen Leech wants One Direction’s Niall Horan to star in PBS period drama
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 08:23 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
|Niall Horan & Allen Leech|
Allen Leech, who plays Tom Branson in the period drama “Downton Abbey,” has joked that One Direction’s Niall Horan would be the perfect person to play his son.
The Dublin actor reckons that the Mullingar popstar should make a cameo in the hit show’s fourth series as the blonde pair look quite similar.
Speaking to MTV Leech joked, “You mean, my son? My son Niall Horan. Absolutely, and then we actually do a musical episode and we get the whole of One Direction in."
“I pitched it to Julian (Fellowes, creator and writer). Weirdly enough, he hasn’t gotten back to my email.”
This bunch of One Direction and “Downton Abbey” fans are behind Leech on this one. Make it happen!
Read more: Downton Abbey returns to PBS - Branson and Sybil travel from Ireland in season premiere – VIDEO
See more: Video