Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Director Jon Favreau says Harrison Ford is a ‘different aspect of cool’
Posted on Sunday, December 12, 2010 at 09:26 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
Director Jon Favreau (“Made” “Elf”) said that he was ecstatic to sign Harrison Ford to the cast of his upcoming movie “Cowboys & Aliens”. Ford stars alongside the latest James Bond, Daniel Craig, and Irish American “Tron” star, Olivia Wilde.
Favreau said “Having Harrison as part of this, it’s like hiring John Wayne. He is the quintessential cowboy. And then Daniel bringing all that credibility from his take on 007 and the work he’s done before, like ‘Layer Cake.'"
“They both bring a different aspect of the cool, calm, collected leading man – and playing off that dynamic between them has been a lot of fun.”
In the film, Daniel Craig’s character wakes up with no memory and discovers he has an alien-destroying weapon attached to his hand. Roberto Orci, the film’s writer said the combined presence of the two actors means the movie will be a sure fire success. He said if it doesn’t work out he only has himself to blame.
Orci said “We’ve got James Bond and Indiana Jones teaming up to fight aliens. If this doesn’t work, then it’s no one’s fault but our own. I’m just amazed all the ingredients came together like this.”