Dina and Michael Lohan to have family therapy sessions at the Betty Ford Center to aid Lindsay's recovery
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
|Dina and Michael Lohan|
The pair have reportedly been advised to visit the treatment facility - where their 26-year-old daughter checked in last week for a court-ordered 90-day stay - in a bid to help the troubled actress overcome her problems, after it was claimed their erratic relationship contributed to her downfall.
A source told RadarOnline.com: "Families are encouraged to participate in group therapy. Lindsay's counsellors want to get Dina and Michael to Betty Ford for a series of sessions in the next few weeks. They feel like having her work through her family issues could help Lindsay's recovery."
The former couple have continued to blame each other for Lindsay's problems and Dina has dismissed the rumours of them uniting, insisting she is still battling Michael for the child support he owes her.
She said: "Where did you hear that from? News to me! I have a warrant for child support against him ... he owes thousands in back child support."
However, Michael - who is adamant he doesn't owe his ex-wife $8,500 for Lindsay and her three siblings - is eager to take part in the counselling and thinks their family coming together will contribute to the 'Mean Girls' star's recuperation.
Michael said: "I'll be there for anything she needs. I will gladly attend, like I've always wanted to. It's the only thing that will give Lindsay resolve and a chance to finally have her life and both parents back in her life.
"This is about Lindsay, not Dina or me. Our family needs healing and that's the only way Lindsay is going to beat this."
Lindsay entered Betty Ford after pleading "no contest" following charges of lying to police about driving during a car crash last June while still on probation for another crime.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...