Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Demi Lovato's parents thank fans for support
Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2010 at 08:19 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
The 18-year-old Disney star hit rock bottom after an alleged altercation with a female dancer on the tour.
For the first time her family have spoken out about their troubled daughter and thanked fans for their support.
"Our entire family appreciates the outpouring of support we have received from Demi's fans," Lovato’s mother Dianna and stepfather Eddie De La Garza told People magazine on Wednesday. "We are touched by their kindness."
Lovato's biological father Patrick, who split from her mother in 1994 told RadarOnline.com this week he thought the stress of the industry had gotten to his daughter.
"There are a lot of pressures," he said Tuesday. "That is one of the things I worried about when she signed with Disney."
Patrick who hasn't seen his daughter since 2008 insisted that his daughter is strong and added that "She'll be fine”.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...