Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Demi Lovato's eating disorder made her 'very manipulative'
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2012 at 09:43 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
Demi Lovato – who entered rehab in late 2010 to seek help for her problems –spent two years prior to her hospitalization doing whatever she could to avoid people finding out there was anything wrong.
The 19-year-old singer and actress said: "I was a very manipulative person when it came to my eating disorder. You name it, I did it.
"I would lie about already eating. I would lie about having to go to the bathroom. I would go to any lengths to make sure I was sick."
The former 'Sonny with a Chance' star admits her problems with food go back to a very young age.
She explained: "I began compulsive eating at the age of eight. Then, when I started being bullied at 12, I stopped eating. I went from overeating to undereating to throwing up."
At the height of her success, the 'Camp Rock' star admits she could barely bring herself to look at pictures of herself in magazines because she was so uncomfortable with her appearance.
She told Britain's Glamour magazine: "It never really went away. I'd try, but the impulses would come back. You feel like you're on a downward spiral, but you have to fight through it.
"I had real difficulty with my body image. It was hard to look at myself in magazines. My friends would say, 'Wow you look so gorgeous.' Everyone else was looking at what they thought as a beautiful girl, but I just couldn't see that when I looked at myself."
Martin Sheen proud as he discovers his family’s strong IRA past
'Breaking Dawn' director thinks Robert Pattinson is great with kids
‘Anonymous’ hacks phone call between FBI and Scotland Yard over Irish intelligence sharing
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...