Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Demi Lovato underwent a ‘friend cleanse’ after she checked out of rehab
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 09:43 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
She said: "I'm consistently busy, but I make sure I spend a lot of time with my friends and family. I did kind of a friend cleanse right after rehab, where I weeded out people who didn't have my best interests at heart.
"Now I have friends who love me for who I am and don't care about what I'm doing. Most of them aren't in the industry. Some of them don't even know my songs!"
Despite her busy schedule working on 'The X Factor' and recording new music, Demi, 20, knows her health has to come first so always makes time for therapy and establishing a proper routine.
She added in an interview with Teen Vogue magazine: "I sleep, eat right, exercise, and meditate. And even when I'm filming or touring, I keep up my daily routine. I know that I can't miss my therapy appointments or things will get a little rocky, so I always put my recovery first."
And the 'Skyscraper' hitmaker knows she isn't ready for a relationship yet as she needs to spend time keeping herself happy and worrying about her own needs.
She said: "I'm in a place right now where I really need to focus on myself. Obviously, I'm still going to like people - or love them - but I need to not be in a relationship for a while because I need to be OK with being alone, first. I'm really happy right now. I never thought it was possible to be happy because of how depressed I was my entire life. But I feel so incredible. It's like I'm living in a dream."