Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Demi Lovato thinks she's a better "role model" because she's honest about her problems
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 09:41 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
“My fans are dealing with some of the same issues. And if I am a role model, then I need to speak up … and be there for them.”
Demi turns 19 on Saturday (20.08.11) but is delaying her celebrations to attend Kim Kardashian's wedding to Kris Humphries.
She told Access Hollywood: “I’m so excited, Kim’s wedding falls on my birthday. So, it’s going to be my birthday and I get to spend it at Kim’s wedding.”
Demi plans to celebrate her birthday at a later date, and Kim intends to join her.
She added: “She’s going to come to my birthday party.”
The singer-and-actress has previously admitted she felt she was a bad role model before her problems came to light because young people looked up to her when her life was not as perfect as it seemed.
She recently said: "Kids used to tell me, 'You're my role model.' And I'd want to shake them and be like, 'Why?' "
Demi Lovato realised she needed help when she punched her backing dancer
Demi Lovato admits she was a poor role model
Demi Lovato hopes her honesty about her personal problems will give her fans the courage to seek help