Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Demi Lovato thinks she's a better "role model" because she's honest about her problems
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 09:41 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
“My fans are dealing with some of the same issues. And if I am a role model, then I need to speak up … and be there for them.”
Demi turns 19 on Saturday (20.08.11) but is delaying her celebrations to attend Kim Kardashian's wedding to Kris Humphries.
She told Access Hollywood: “I’m so excited, Kim’s wedding falls on my birthday. So, it’s going to be my birthday and I get to spend it at Kim’s wedding.”
Demi plans to celebrate her birthday at a later date, and Kim intends to join her.
She added: “She’s going to come to my birthday party.”
The singer-and-actress has previously admitted she felt she was a bad role model before her problems came to light because young people looked up to her when her life was not as perfect as it seemed.
She recently said: "Kids used to tell me, 'You're my role model.' And I'd want to shake them and be like, 'Why?' "
Demi Lovato realised she needed help when she punched her backing dancer
Demi Lovato admits she was a poor role model
Demi Lovato hopes her honesty about her personal problems will give her fans the courage to seek help
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...