Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Demi Lovato has relapsed into self-harming and throwing up since leaving rehab
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2012 at 09:23 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
Speaking in her new 'Stay Strong' documentary on MTV, she said: "I cannot tell you that I have not thrown up since treatment. I cannot tell you that I have not cut myself since treatment. I'm not perfect.
"An addiction is an obsession, something that takes over your mind and your every thought. You think that you can't live without it. For me, it was not eating and purging and self-harming.
Landmark ruling in favor of Irish pub sued for showing soccer game live
Top ten Irish songs to avoid this Saint Patrick’s Day - VIDEOS
Demi - who was also diagnosed with bipolar disorder while in treatment - added that her troubles stemmed from insecurity and feeling she was "living a lie".
She added: "[I was] looking in the mirror and never feeling good enough. I felt like I was living a lie...I was dealing with all this pain, emotionally. And I felt guilt and shame. I decided to take it out on myself. I harmed myself."
Although Demi shot to fame on Disney show 'Sonny with a Chance', she has no immediate plans to return to TV and will instead focus on her music and her fans, who she dubbed the Lovatics.
She said: "If you took away music, I wouldn't have a reason to live.
Every time someone asks me for a picture or an autograph, even if I'm having a bad day and I'm in a bad mood, I remember, 'You're nothing without this person'. They make it special."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...