Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Demi Lovato ditches Jonas Brothers tour to check herself in to rehab
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 at 02:22 PM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
Demi Lovato checked herself into rehab on Monday.
According to a report from People magazine a source has said “She fought through eating disorders and has struggled with cutting. [She] is taking control by getting help."
Lovato had been on tour with The Jonas Brothers when she got into a fight with one of the dancers. This was the last straw for Lovato and she decided to seek medical help.
Another source said the Disney actress “doesn't have that same kind of love for life that she at one point had."
They said “She definitely had body-image issues. She was always conscious of her weight."
A family friend told People “Like many other teenage girls, she struggled a lot to fit in and find acceptance…She's very sensitive, very intuitive and that is part of what makes her a wonderful performer – very talented. It is double-edged sword. I think she felt that the hard time she had [in school], problems with kids who were incredibly vicious made her stronger. But none of us feels strong every day."
In last September’s issue of People magazine Lovato had acknowledged her body image issues. She said “I have a tattoo on my rib and it says, 'You make me beautiful,'…There was a song that inspired me when I was younger and it helped me through a really rough time I used to have self-image issues."
She added, "Feeling comfortable in your clothes is something I deal with to this day. I wish I had somebody I had to look up to when I was younger to stand up and say, 'Hey, I have fat days.' So I want to be able to start a foundation or something that's for girls feeling confident, to empower them.
"I've been through it and I came out a stronger person."
The exact reasons she had for entering rehab are as yet unknown but we certainly hope she’s feeling better soon.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...