Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Demi Lovato believes going to rehab “saved her life”
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 09:51 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
|Demi Lovato (Photo: Dominic Chan/WENN.com)|
The 19-year-old star – who spent three months receiving treatment for an eating disorder and self-harming from last November - feels she has learned a lot from her experiences and is grateful that her loved ones accept her for who she is.
She wrote in her column for Seventeen magazine: “Thinking about how far I have come in a year makes me so thankful. I could not have done this without God and the amazing support from my family.
“Honestly, I am thankful for my life path, including the highs and the lows, because it has caused my true self to shine through. Going to treatment was a gift and I believe it saved my life.
“I learned how to be strong and healthy even through struggles. It also helped me open up about my issues and share them with others. Knowing that my family, friends and fans accept me for who I am is the greatest feeling ever!”
Demi admits her experiences over the last year have made her more appreciative of the things she has in her life and she has vowed not to take things for granted again.
She added: “I am so thankful that I am healthy and happy this year. I no longer take things for granted, like my family, friends, fans and career. Each day is special to me and I take each day one day at a time.
“Sometimes people get busy and forget to enjoy the moment - but I know I will not do that this holiday season. I have worked very hard to get to the place I am today and I am going to enjoy every minute of it!”
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...