Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
David Hasselhoff thinks Ireland is in Glasgow
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 03:32 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
The confused Baywatch star praised the passion and talent of the Irish people as he anticipated the auditions.
"I don't care what it is. If it's a dog. If it's a cat. If it's a dancing act. I don't care.
It's pure passion and represents the passion of Ireland. The passion here is incredibly overwhelming."
He further demonstrated his enthusiasm for Irish talent before the Glasgow auditions when he said "I'm very excited. As a matter of fact it's just blowing up my skirt."
The guest judge, 58, wore a kilt in the Scotland Forever tartan, was made by MacGregor & MacDuff in Glasgow, which he initially wanted to rent but ended up buying because he loved it so much.
Owner Dominic Capaldi gave the Hoff the kilt at a discounted price of $200 and said: "David was very respectful and didn't want a clan tartan in case he insulted anyone."
Hasselhoff is judging the "Britain's Got Talent" with Michael McIntyre and Amanda Holden. A pregnant Holden entered the Clyde Auditorium admitting to the waiting crowd, "I love The Hoff."
McIntyre, 34, announced that he had high expectations of Scotland, saying "We've had Subo then we had Janey Cutler.
"This year I'm looking for an even older woman.
"They are getting older and older.
"I'm hoping for a 98-year-old woman to just turn up and blow the roof off the Armadillo."
Both McIntyre and Hasselhoff are guest judges for the auditions, replacing Piers Morgan and Simon Cowell, who will return for the live TV shows.
Popular Geordie presenters Ant and Dec were also excited about the Scotish auditionees' potential. Dec wore a tartan jacket and said "I've got a good feeling about it today.
"You never know, we might get another Subo.
"Lightning just might strike twice."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...