Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Daniel O'Donnell to cut back on schedule -- denies he is retiring
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2010 at 07:38 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
Irish country star Daniel O'Donnell has revealed he is cutting back his touring schedule but has denied he is retiring.
O'Donnell will shortly celebrate his 50th birthday but says he will continue touring, just not as much.
He is currently on a three week stand in Branson, Missouri.
He made his plans known via his website.
"In December 2011, I will celebrate my 50th birthday! It will have been 30 years this coming January since I started my career.
"I have now decided that at the end of 2011 I will take a break from extensive touring."
He said that he would do multiple shows at one venue rather than your individual locations.
"I am making this announcement now, so that those of you who wish to see us in this coming year will be aware that we may not be visiting your area for quite some time," he revealed.
He said that no details had yet been decided for the U.S. UK and Ireland for 2012.
He also thanked fans for their support.