Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Daniel Day-Lewis didn't mean to create an "air of mystery" about himself
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2013 at 08:21 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
|Daniel Day-Lewis at the 2013 Golden Globes|
The 55-year-old actor said the reason he focuses so much on every role is because he finds embodying a new character a "huge pleasure of discovery".
He explained: "I didn't go looking for that [mystery tag], it was not my intention to create a specious air of mystery about what I do. But what's misrepresented is the fact I take a long time [preparing for each character] because I enjoy the work and it pleases me to take time over it.
"It's pure joy. It's a huge pleasure in discovery. It's a game, and I've never thought to obscure that fact. But that image persists of some sort of lonely, strange figure going about an unholy business."
Daniel has sworn never to reveal his training secrets but he worries people's gossip will turn the reliable methods into something resembling a "Satanic ritual", rather than appreciating his hard work.
He added to Time Out magazine: "I've been reluctant to talk about how I work because I don't feel one should talk about it. But the problem is a lot of other people then talk about it and by a process of Chinese whispers it sounds like some strange Satanic ritual is taking place, with the whole thing about immersion and the method and the weight of those terms."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...