Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Daniel Day-Lewis back to being a Dad after “Lincoln” success - spotted with his son in NYC
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 09:11 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
|Daniel Day-Lewis and son Gabriel in NYC|
DDL ended his six-year relationship with Gabriel’s mom, French actress Isabelle Adjani, before his birth in 1995. He’s also got two younger boys with his wife Rebecca Miller, Ronan and Cashel, and the family is primarily based in Co. Wicklow.
Famous for taking years off between roles, and totally immersing himself in character after he signs on the dotted line, Day-Lewis has no immediate projects lined up.
“I can't think of [any roles] right now because I need to have to lie down for a couple of years. No, I can't think of any. I really can't, no. It's really hard to imagine doing anything after this,” he told reporters after his Oscar Lincoln win.
The Daily Mail says that the acting legend – yes, that’s what he is after three Academy Awards and numerous other honors – might stay away from the screen for up to five years, busying himself in Ireland during that time by learning crafts such as stonemasonry.
However, other media outlets reckon that he may return to the screen sooner than that thanks to his alleged interest in a planned film about the Glasgow Celtic soccer club.
DDL is supposedly keen on playing the part of Celtic founder Brother Walfrid, who founded the hugely Irish team in 1887. Scottish filmmaker Peter Mullan is behind the project, which has the blessing of the still popular club.
A source recently told The Scottish Sun, “We’re thrilled (Day-Lewis) has expressed an interest. Brother Walfrid was a pivotal and charismatic figure in the history of Celtic and the Irish community in Scotland. Daniel Day-Lewis would be everyone’s ideal choice to portray him.”
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...