Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Damian McGinty wins the Glee Project - Shock as he thought he'd lost, only to be told he'd won - VIDEOS
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 10:59 PM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
Damien McGinty has won the Glee Project!
The Derry teenager along with rival Sam Larsen was chosen as one of two winners who will star in the next season on the most popular entertainment show on TV.
For Damian it was heartbreaking as it came down to him and his fellow competitor, Sam. Sam was then announced as the winner by Ryan Murphy, the show's creator.
Murphy then asked Damian how did he feel about not winning and he confessed his disappointment
Then Murphy sprang a massive surprise, also naming Damian as a winner.
The 18-year-old Derry native did a war dance of delight on the stage.
He had been chosen for the last four and went through a grueling final week, finally performing 'Somewhere Beyond the Sea' as his personal favorite.
PHOTOS - 'Glee Project' finalist Damian McGinty - photo gallery
‘Glee: the 3D Concert Movie’ accidentally reveals Damian McGinty as the winner of ‘Glee Project’
An apology to ‘Glee Project’s’ Damian McGinty from his No. 1 fan - VIDEOS
However, as the final decision was made it looked like he had lost out to Sam, the indy music artist from Los Angeles.
But incredibly Damian won out too , sending his legions of fans all over America into raptures.
A special part will be written for him in seven episodes on season three.
It looks like he will be a freshman exchange student arriving at school and the role will certainly suit him,
For the Celtic Thunder singer it is a massive win, putting him to the forefront of American popular entertainment and alongside such household names now as Matthew Morrison and Jane Lynch.
Damian first came to the attention of the Producer Sharon Browne and Music Director Phil Coulter at the tender age of 14, when a CD he recorded for charity was passed along to them. He was invited to come along to audition for the show and was immediately cast in the role of the "teenager" or "boy wonder" in Celtic Thunder.
He has been with them for 4 years and has recorded 7 CDs and shows, 2 more to be released soon.
Now he is a star of one of America's most popular shows.
Well done Damian!
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...