Damian McGinty, Glee hopeful, off the charts in popularity says Billboard magazine
- ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart enjoyed a night at Hooters in Texas
- Amanda Bynes to under second surgery on her nose
- Channing Tatum will produce new comedy sitcom 'Nicky'
- Oscar winner Ben Affleck says three kids is 'enough’
- Robert Pattinson is renting a holiday home in Canada for the summer after split from Kristen Stewart
Damian McGinty, the Derry native in the last four on the Glee Project, is officially off the charts in popularity says Billboard magazine.
Billbord ranks the bigggest 'unknown' stars about to make a major breakthrough and this week McGinty is it.
It is great news for McGinty who now enters this weekend and the final four sessions with a very real chance at a spectacular breakthrough which could see him on America's most hip show.
"Oh 'Glee,' you marvelous maker of stars and hit songs. Even tangentially (almost) everything you touch turns to gold. Case in point, Damian McGinty, the starry-eyed, 18-year-old Irish crooner who's made it to the final four on Oxygen's reality competition, 'The Glee Project.'
"McGinty is no stranger to performing, winning his first singing competition at age 5 and recording with the group Celtic Thunder at age 14; and in gunning for that number one spot on "The Glee Project," he's jumped from No. 25 to No. 14 on this week's Uncharted, thanks to big numbers points on Facebook and Twitter (15,000 and 13,000, respectively)."