Dame shame: Helen Mirren says movie bias casts too many Brits as villains
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
When Amy grows up she wants to look like the British actress Helen Mirren (above).
Cool, sophisticated, talented, hard-working, and even best of all, she has no children! Finally a non-traditional role model. And she's 64!
However, poor old Helen's getting her knickers in a knot over Brit villains in films.
She says there are far too many British people playing the bad guys in movies.
Speaking at an event in Los Angeles Helen said British actors were an "easy target". "I think it's rather unfortunate that the villain in every movie is always British," she said.
Ah Helen, don't you know that's because to the rest of the world, the British ARE the villains.
Just ask the Indians, Pakistanis, Palestinians, Bangladeshis, Iraqis, oh you get the message.
And of course Ireland.
Growing up in Ireland the kid putting on the English accent was ALWAYS the villain, or at least a member of the wildly dysfunctional royal family.
Helen, who won the Best Actress Oscar in 2007 for playing Queen Elizabeth II in "The Queen," says people think being British is all about being royal.
"It's important to let Americans know that we're not just the Royal family – there's a lot more to us than that".
"It's just nice to say we're not snooty, stuck-up, malevolent, malignant creatures as we're often portrayed. We're actually kind of cool and hip! I love the idiosyncracy of the British people, I love the eccentric nature," she said.
Hmm.. Well, 800 years of history later, the Irish have quite a different view!
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...