Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Critics slam Chelsea Clinton’s first appearance as a reporter on NBC - VIDEO
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 09:23 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
Clinton, 31, was tasked to present two reports, first chatting to Rock Center host Brian Williams and then presenting a segment on a non-profit organisation.
Wearing a stylish claret dress Clinton addressed her decision to work for NBC: 'For most of my life, I did deliberately lead a private life and inadvertently led a public life,' she said.
Chelsea Clinton launches a new career as NBC journalist - earnings go to charity
Run Chelsea Clinton run for Congress! Bill and Hill's daughter said to be thinking about a political career
New NBC reporter Chelsea Clinton explains why she waited to enter public life
It was her late grandmother Dorothy Rodham who convinced her to increase her public profile Clinton confessed.
'She recently had been cajoling me and challenging me to do more with my life, to lead a more of purposely public life,' Clinton said.
'She said that being Chelsea Clinton had happened to me and that I had a responsibility to do something with that asset and opportunity.'
In her first major report Clinton praised the Topps Center in poverty-stricken Jefferson County, Arkansas, where she interviewed founder Annette Dove about the 500 children and young adults they serve.
But critic Hank Stuever, writing for the Washington Post, scoffed that Clinton displayed 'so very little charisma - none at all.'
'Either we’re spoiled by TV’s unlimited population of giant personalities or this woman is one of the most boring people of her era'
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...