Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Courtney Love has become Lindsay Lohan's sobriety coach
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2011 at 09:33 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Courtney Love and Lindsay Lohan|
She said: "I've taken up Lohan because nobody else will. [She's] further down the line than I was, because there was no [gossip websites like] TMZ then."
This is not the first time Courtney,47, has revealed she is helping 25-year-old Lindsay – who is currently completing her court ordered community service – stay away from drink and drugs.
She recalled to Details magazine: "I went up to Lindsay's room one time and there was a show on called '101 Celebrity Oops' and I am like every other one, you know - boobs out, legs everywhere, throwing s**t at Madonna, you know, whatever. I'm like 'Lindsay, look! Drugs are bad!' "
Courtney has had help from her celebrity pals in the past to help beat her addictions, in particular, Orlando Bloom.
Speaking in 2008, she revealed: "We chant every day. The 12-step programme demands that you have a spiritual practice that you do daily.
"I love Orlando for this. He doesn't mind being outed as a Buddhist. I don't mind talking about it because it has changed my entire life, changed everything - restructured my body, restructured my physicality. Truly I can, not all the time, but I can take joy at really s****y situations."