Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Could you be the next Oprah?
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 at 04:22 PM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey is launching a TV talent show to search for her replacement as she plans to step down from her chat show this year.
Oprah has teamed up with reality TV legend Mark Burnett of "The Apprentice" and "Survivor" to find the next big star to fill her seat.
The talent contest will be called "Oprah's Search For The Next TV Star."
"The landscape and acceptance of ordinary people on television is widely accepted," the Daily Star quoted Burnett as saying.
"Much in the way American Idol finds unknown people (to be music stars) there's no reason we can't find someone who deserves their own show," Burnett added.
Watch this space!