Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Could America’s most hated woman Casey Anthony be benefiting from Caylee’s trust fund?
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2012 at 08:57 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
The DailyMail reports that Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, whom Casey Anthony falsely claimed was the nanny-turned-kidnapper of young Caylee, is suing Casey Anthony for defamation after Fernandez-Gonzalez was evicted, fired and received death threats in relation to the bogus accusation.
As part of her legal assault on Anthony, Fernandez-Gonzalez has asked the presiding judge in the case, Lisa Munyon, to grant access to Anthony’s financial records. Reportedly, the plaintiff feared Anthony would, as she has previously done, plead penury should she lose at trial.
Judge Munyon agreed to let Anthony’s financial records be examined; however, the plaintiff’s discoveries can only be revealed in open court during the trial, which is scheduled for January.
In the wake of Caylee Anthony’s murder, a fund was established by Caylee’s grandparents entitled ‘Caylee’s Fund’ which helps support grandparents’ rights and protect exploited children. The plaintiff’s are angling that the Fund may also be supporting Casey Anthony, who was only recently released from court-ordered probation, making her a free woman.
The Caylee Fund received a sizable donation from Dr. Phil McGraw of $600,000, and surely donations from others. Its website has since been shut down in the wake of the defamation case against Casey Anthony.
The defendants for Anthony argued, unsuccessfully, that where Anthony gets her funds from should she lose the trail is no one’s business as long as she is able to produce the finances needed.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...