Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Contraversial! - Ben Affleck hates the TV series the Emmy winning Claire Danes show "Homeland"
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2012 at 10:23 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
The 40-year-old actor revealed he was asked to direct the pilot of the hit Showtime series but he turned the project down to spend quality time with his young family as his wife Jennifer Garner was shooting a movie and they have an agreement that they won't work at the same time.
He told The Hollywood Reporter: "I was sure nothing would happen with the show. Now I hate the [f**king] show. I've never seen it."
The father-of-three said he doesn't plan on making the same mistake twice and will jump at the opportunity to direct the right TV show in the future.
He joked: "I'm going to attach myself to 14 pilots this year."
The actor - who has been married to 'Butter' actress Jennifer Garner for more than seven years and has three children Violet, six, Seraphina, three and eight-month-old Samuel - was honoured with a career achievement award at the Casting Society of America's 2012 Artois Awards at the Beverly Hilton on Monday night.
His critically acclaimed movie "Argo" finally hit No. 1 at the US box office this past weekend and is tipped to sweep a number of prestigious awards worldwide next year.
'Homeland' recently enjoyed a series high of 2.07 million viewers in the US last Sunday night.