Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Conor Maynard says One Direction's Niall Horan is a drinking game champion
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2012 at 08:36 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
Maynard, who was recently heard at Capital FM’s Jingle Bell Ball this past weekend said that Horan is the biggest drinker of the group.
Maynard, who is from Brighton, told Entertainment Wise that the One Direction star got so drunk he was singing Maynard’s songs. He said, “At V Festival, Niall was drunk singing my songs to me.” Maynard didn’t seem to mind too much, nor would any of the Irish singer’s fans. He added about the Irishman, “I love him.”
He told the Sunday Mirror, “There was one time I got so drunk I was throwing up and collapsed in someone’s garden.” Maynard said he usually doesn’t act like that and admitted that he himself is not a big drinker. ”That’s only happened once. I think Niall could out-drink every single one of us put together.”
He jokingly cited Horan’s Irish genes as the reason he could outdrink him. He said, “It’s the Irish. It’s in their genes.”
Maynard performed at the O2 Arena for the first time earlier this year. His album Contrast reached No 1 album this year. When Party Press asked Maynard about his favorite from Girls Aloud, he responded, “I dunno, I feel like I’m just going to jump on the bandwagon and say Cheryl. Yeah, that would be great.”
Maynard also joked about some diva demands for his dressing room. “I don’t want to make a bad impression or push it too far. Having said that, if you could put peeled M&Ms, Yak milk and perhaps a dolphin for me to ride majestically across the Thames afterwards.”
One Direction performed at Madison Square Garden last week where band member Harry Styles stole some of the limelight with his budding romance with country star singer Taylor Swift. Horan tweeted, “This time last week we were stood on stage @thegarden for our own show! Still can’t believe we played MSG!” Following the big show, the boy band did a smaller performance for Z100’s Jingle Ball.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...