Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Conan the Barbarian' star Jason Momoa doesn't own a TV, computer or mobile phone
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 08:52 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
The actor – who plays the fictional ancient warrior in a new film adaptation – shuns modern gadgets as he feels they interfere with the simple way he likes to live his life.
Jason – who raises two children, daughter Lola Iolani Momoa, four, and son Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa, two, with his actress partner Lisa Bonet - told totalflim.com: “A lot of people ask that question, 'Do you like TV?' and we don't actually own a TV. People normally have a cell phone, they have email, they have computers, they have a TV. And I don't have any of them. In these times that's considered barbaric to a civilised world.”
While the actor – who has also appeared on TV shows including 'Game of Thrones' and 'Stargate Atlantis' – doesn't care much for seeing himself on the small screen, he does enjoy trips to the cinema, for the experience of watching a movie with other people.
Jason, 32, added: "I guess if I had a home entertainment system that was like a screening room it might be different but I love going to theatres. It's a communal thing and you go there with like-minded people to see something which you love.
“I get my popcorn and my hot tamales and I love when the lights go down and I watch the previews. To me that's my tradition, that's my childhood. That's when I escaped and went into different worlds.”
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...