Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Conan the Barbarian' star Jason Momoa doesn't own a TV, computer or mobile phone
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 08:52 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
The actor – who plays the fictional ancient warrior in a new film adaptation – shuns modern gadgets as he feels they interfere with the simple way he likes to live his life.
Jason – who raises two children, daughter Lola Iolani Momoa, four, and son Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa, two, with his actress partner Lisa Bonet - told totalflim.com: “A lot of people ask that question, 'Do you like TV?' and we don't actually own a TV. People normally have a cell phone, they have email, they have computers, they have a TV. And I don't have any of them. In these times that's considered barbaric to a civilised world.”
While the actor – who has also appeared on TV shows including 'Game of Thrones' and 'Stargate Atlantis' – doesn't care much for seeing himself on the small screen, he does enjoy trips to the cinema, for the experience of watching a movie with other people.
Jason, 32, added: "I guess if I had a home entertainment system that was like a screening room it might be different but I love going to theatres. It's a communal thing and you go there with like-minded people to see something which you love.
“I get my popcorn and my hot tamales and I love when the lights go down and I watch the previews. To me that's my tradition, that's my childhood. That's when I escaped and went into different worlds.”