Conan O'Brien move to TBS a huge mistake
- ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart enjoyed a night at Hooters in Texas
- Amanda Bynes to under second surgery on her nose
- Channing Tatum will produce new comedy sitcom 'Nicky'
- Oscar winner Ben Affleck says three kids is 'enough’
- Robert Pattinson is renting a holiday home in Canada for the summer after split from Kristen Stewart
The move to TBS is a very bad one for Conan O'Brien.
The flame haired flamboyant Irish one has just kissed his network career goodbye for all time.
TBS is the equivalent of Peoria, a second level venue at best where once great performers go to die.
Think of it as the borscht belt of late night shows, the one you would not be seen dead watching yourself.
He is replacing someone called George Lopez, after previously replacing Jay Leno.
That's the equivalent of replacing the Toledo Mud Hens short stop instead of Derek Jeter
Conan was the clown prince on NBC but never had the time to develop the proper audience. But he was getting there
Notice since he left that the Leno crowd now check in a full ten year's older average age 56.
They watch Leno just before they take their false teeth out for the night.
The ratings in another ten years will be great for funeral home advertisers.
Conan should have done the deal for a Fox Network show -- whatever it took.
In a release accompanying the announcement O’Brien said: “In three months I’ve gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theaters, and now I’m headed to basic cable. My plan is working perfectly.”
There may be more truth in that than Conan might wish.