Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Conan O'Brien gets his Irish up as Jay Leno comes under fire
Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 10:42 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
Typical! Irish stand-up host Conan O'Brien finally gets into high gear just as he's about to be pushed off the air.
"Hosting ‘The Tonight Show' has been the fulfillment of a lifelong dream for me – and I just want to say to the kids out there watching: You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too," O'Brien said Wednesday night.
Conan has refused to cave to NBC demands that he move "Tonight" to 12:05 a.m. to give Jay Leno a spot at 11:35 p.m.
Conan says he won't be part of the destruction of a franchise.
Late-night CBS rival David Letterman got in on the act as well last night.
Dave poked fun at Leno and said building a closet on his set for Leno.
Apparently Leno had actually hidden in a closet to eavesdrop on executive talks back in the 90s when Leno and Letterman were vyting for the Tonight Show spot.
Dave also referred to the weather and said, "You know, they say, from the weather bureau, they say it's caused by an arctic chill between Jay and Conan."
Leno obviously wasn't very happy.
“Conan O’Brien, understandable, is very upset," he said. "He had a statement in the paper yesterday. Conan said NBC has only given him seven months to make his show work. When I heard that -- seven months! How did he get that deal? We only got four.”
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...