Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Colin Quinn’s ‘Long Long Story Short’ will debut on HBO
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 09:45 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
Irish American comedian Colin Quinn will star in a HBO special broadcast of his current Broadway smash 'Colin Quinn Long Story Short,' for transmission on the network in April.
The show recently extended its run at the Helen Hayes Theatre through March 5, in a one man show that features the funnyman's take on world history, directed by his pal Jerry Seinfeld.
Quinn's 'Long Story Short' takes audiences through a refashioned history of the world in just 75 minutes. From his hilarious turn as Julius Caesar as the original Italian mobster, to his complaints about ancient Greece and Antigone giving way to the culture of Costco and Snooki, Quinn's satirical instinct is as sharp as ever.
A veteran of Saturday Night Live, where he excelled, Quinn then starred in the original Comedy Central series 'Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn.'