Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Colin Farrell tipped to join Russell Crowe and Will Smith in cast of a ‘Winter's Tale’
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 at 11:16 AM
- Demi Lovato's new tattoo reminds her of overcoming difficult things in life
- One Direction's Harry Styles wants to date royalty to improve his credibility status
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have reportedly split up - again
- Suki Waterhouse pursued "Hangover 3" star Bradley Cooper
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
Farrell has reportedly been offered the male lead in director Akiva Goldsman's debut, playing the role of a thief who an very ill young woman becomes smitten with after he breaks into her New York mansion (because that always happens, after they stop screaming, right?).
Downton Abbey actress Brown Findlay, best known for playing the upper crust Lady Sybil Crawley (she of the one facial expression) in the smash hit ITV period drama has already signed on to portray the dying woman, the Irish Independent reports.
Australian firebrand Russell Crowe and Will Smith are also reported to have been cast in supporting roles in the period thriller, which is set in both the 19 century and contemporary times and is based on Mark Helprin's classic 1983 novel.
Shooting on Winter's Tale is slated to begin in New York on October 15 and who next stars in the Total Recall remake alongside Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsal, has not yet inked the deal which actors Tom Hiddleston, Aaron Johnson, Liam Hemsworth, Luke Evans, Benjamin Walker and Garrett Hedlund are also reportedly in the running for.