Colin Farrell makes surprise Christmas visit to Dublin Children’s Hospital
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
|Colin Farrell with patient Max Wenman and his father|
What a guy! Dublin native and Hollywood star Colin Farrell made his annual charitable appearance on Christmas Day at Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital in Crumlin, south Dublin.
Pleased parent Max Wenman shared on Facebook a picture of his son and Farrell with the caption: “Look who came to Crumlin Hospital today and popped in to see Max. Colin Farrell comes in every Christmas Day for the last few years to visit the kids - no press - no photographers - just him and pressies - What a gent ♥ ♥”
Max’s mother Cathy spoke to The Journal, saying that Farrell was “genuinely interested in interacting with the children and making the day even more special for them”.
She added: “I have been overwhelmed at how kind and generous people have been, between all the presents that have been sent in – to people bringing in breakfast rolls and Turkey & Ham on Christmas Day. It certainly brings home the true spirit of Christmas.”
Visiting the children’s hospital is a tradition for Farrell. His visit is usually only made public by those whom he visited with in the hospital as he doesn’t bring along media. Good on ya, Farrell!