Colin Farrell makes surprise Christmas visit to Dublin Children’s Hospital
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
|Colin Farrell with patient Max Wenman and his father|
What a guy! Dublin native and Hollywood star Colin Farrell made his annual charitable appearance on Christmas Day at Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital in Crumlin, south Dublin.
Pleased parent Max Wenman shared on Facebook a picture of his son and Farrell with the caption: “Look who came to Crumlin Hospital today and popped in to see Max. Colin Farrell comes in every Christmas Day for the last few years to visit the kids - no press - no photographers - just him and pressies - What a gent ♥ ♥”
Max’s mother Cathy spoke to The Journal, saying that Farrell was “genuinely interested in interacting with the children and making the day even more special for them”.
She added: “I have been overwhelmed at how kind and generous people have been, between all the presents that have been sent in – to people bringing in breakfast rolls and Turkey & Ham on Christmas Day. It certainly brings home the true spirit of Christmas.”
Visiting the children’s hospital is a tradition for Farrell. His visit is usually only made public by those whom he visited with in the hospital as he doesn’t bring along media. Good on ya, Farrell!