Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Colin Farrell is offering a £16,000 reward for the return of his lucky belt
Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2011 at 09:54 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
A source close to the superstitious star – who is thought to have spent almost £3,000 repairing it over the years – told The Sun newspaper: "Colin has had this lucky leather belt for so long he just can't bear to get rid of it. The thing is literally coming apart at the seams.
There’s nothing spooky about ‘Fright Night’s’ Colin Farrell - VIDEO
Colin Farrell: My mum was waiting for the call to tell her I was dead
Colin Farrell talks Martin McDonagh’s ‘Seven Psychopaths’ and love for Ireland
"The belt has undergone numerous alterations, like having extra holes punched into it and extra leather added since he has gone through so many weight changes."
Colin is very proud of his father and his successful sporting career.
He has previously said: "Geez, I wish I'd have a f****** penny for every time I said to someone in a bar, 'My dad is Eamonn Farrell and he used to play for Shamrock Rovers.'
"I have a big scrapbook of newspaper clippings and his jersey with three shamrocks on the back in mothballs."