Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Colin Farrell has ‘eight extra hours a day’ after quitting drinking
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
The ‘Seven Psychopaths’ actor has been sober since checking in to rehab in 2006 and admitted he was shocked by how much time he had wasted before on his addictions of alcohol and drugs.
He told Details magazine: “I’ve got eight hours a day now that I didn’t have before, when I was drinking every day for 18 years . . . It’s honest, it’s real. That’s quite simply the coolest thing.”
While Colin is now fit and healthy, he is ashamed to admit that even the birth of his son James in 2003 didn’t make him clean up his act at first.
He said: "When I had James, I made a decision not to change. I literally said, 'I'm not changing! I'm gonna be his friend!' Like a f***ing 28-year-old drug-addicted drunk friend is exactly what my six-week-old son needs.”
He also spent most of his time lying to family and friends to cover up his excesses but says it was exhausting to keep track of his untruths.
He explained: “Oh, I wouldn't tell a truth all day. If I'd had chicken and beans for dinner, I'd tell you I had steak and potatoes. No purpose, just habit. The amount of energy you have to put in and the amount of lies you have to tell to keep a drug habit alive, it's fairly significant. Your whole life is a lie."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...