Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Colin Farrell has ‘eight extra hours a day’ after quitting drinking
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
The ‘Seven Psychopaths’ actor has been sober since checking in to rehab in 2006 and admitted he was shocked by how much time he had wasted before on his addictions of alcohol and drugs.
He told Details magazine: “I’ve got eight hours a day now that I didn’t have before, when I was drinking every day for 18 years . . . It’s honest, it’s real. That’s quite simply the coolest thing.”
While Colin is now fit and healthy, he is ashamed to admit that even the birth of his son James in 2003 didn’t make him clean up his act at first.
He said: "When I had James, I made a decision not to change. I literally said, 'I'm not changing! I'm gonna be his friend!' Like a f***ing 28-year-old drug-addicted drunk friend is exactly what my six-week-old son needs.”
He also spent most of his time lying to family and friends to cover up his excesses but says it was exhausting to keep track of his untruths.
He explained: “Oh, I wouldn't tell a truth all day. If I'd had chicken and beans for dinner, I'd tell you I had steak and potatoes. No purpose, just habit. The amount of energy you have to put in and the amount of lies you have to tell to keep a drug habit alive, it's fairly significant. Your whole life is a lie."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...