Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Colin Farrell found preparing for 'Total Recall' "boring"
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 09:44 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|"Total Recall" star and Dubliner Colin Farrell|
He said: "It took a lot of work over three or four months to get into condition because I hadn't done an action movie for a while.
"When 'Total Recall' came up I thought, 'Cool, I can go and do an action film again.' But, oh man, it was boring.
"I went to the gym, I hit the treadmill, I lifted weights, I ate good food, drank protein shakes and got a good night's sleep most nights. But, boring as it was, I really enjoyed it."
Colin plays a role originally taken by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 1990 movie but he didn't seek advice from the veteran star in how to tackle the part.
He told Britain's Hello! magazine: "I never reached out to him while making this movie, although I loved the original when I was a kid.
"I'd hope he would enjoy this one if he saw it, but I'm sure he's got better things to do than concern himself with my interpretation of a part he played back in 1990."